NPD 2.0: Leveraging the Internet for New Product Development Web 2.0 principles have revolutionized the Web experience as well as
the design patterns and business models of software companies. This is a workshop on how innovative companies can apply Web 2.0
capabilities to leverage end-users for a powerful new approach to product development, also known as NPD 2.0. NPD 2.0 can enable
companies to co-create better and richer products in a reduced timeframe.
This course is designed to help students learn how to apply the capabilities of the Internet to the product development process.
Participants will learn:
- The most successful examples of turning over non-essential control to users directly via the Web.
- How to leverage the web and NPD 2.0 to protect a traditional business model in a Web 2.0 world.
- The most useful Web 2.0/social networking apps to support a closer collaboration.
- How to extend NPD 2.0 to partners and channels.
- How to overcome challenges companies may face as they apply NPD 2.0 to their products?
The course will follow a highly interactive workshop format to ensure that the theory and best practices of innovation are understood. Participants will practice using state-of-the-art models of product development and so are encouraged to bring their own innovation challenges to class to learn how to resolve them using NPD 2.0.
Wednesdays, 6-9PM – 7 meetings
February 4 – March 25 (no meeting Feb. 18)
UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley – Cupertino Campus
Register at www.ucsc-extension.edu
Course code: 20322-003 : $540 until January 21st; $600 after Jan. 21