Normally when you hear the term crowdsourcing it’s as a tool to source innovative ideas to fill your product portfolio pipeline. Some very innovative companies are using crowdsourcing to source the talent to staff their businesses. Their products may vary but the most important aspect of each is their business model. Their business model systemizes access to talent globally to hit target price points for services that used to be cost prohibitive. Rather than let their businesses become commoditized they applied industry best practices to the business process and removed the risk from using lower cost solutions. Remove the Background is a Danish company we advised through Innovation Center Denmark. They have taken the e-commerce world by storm because they do one thing really well – they use global talent to clean up photos for use on e-commerce sites. The platform they’ve built to do it and meet the short turnaround times required by this industry is their secret sauce that could go on to be used for other applications. One of our favorite vendors, Tubifi, has done something similar for video design and production. Take one award winning creative director who crowdsources editors, voice talent and production artists from around the world then get high quality, high impact videos for your business. Is your service business a candidate for crowdsourcing?
- What does it take to become successful in the U.S.? An Interview with xBrain Co-founder
- What does it take to become successful in the U.S.? An Interview with KiWi Co-founders.
- Want to sell more product? Understand why customers buy!
- Product Market Fit – Do you have it? Do you know how to find out if you have it? And if you don’t have it, do you have the perseverance to find it and get it right?
- The Innovation Culture – it’s all about taking risk and being willing to learn from your mistakes
- How important is choosing the right name for your business?
- Not Invented Here (NIH) is a Good Thing!
- Market traction requires early market validation
- Challenging the status quo for strategic advantage